Hello World, I’m on my way!

Hi everyone!


I am Selin.




I’m here to write, to share, to learn while writing and reading, and to become a better software developer at the end of the day. What I’m going to share on this platform is about my learning journey and my desire to share. Let me briefly tell you about myself.

I opened my eyes to the world in one of the beautiful corners of the country. I graduated from English Language Teaching, I was a teacher for a while, but then I found myself at the counter of a crowded bank. After meeting my husband, who is a software expert, I discovered the software thanks to him and struggled to sell credit cards during the day and waited for “Hello World!” to appear on the screen at night :) I think like many people who went through this process, I started with HTML & CSS, continued with C#, and when I moved my library books to my computer with a desktop application, my interest, enthusiasm and enthusiasm multiplied.

Why was I so interested in the software world? The answer is simple: I wanted to be in a world that is constantly changing, evolving and offers the opportunity to learn something new every moment. Producing something from scratch, researching, trying to find mistakes made me realize that this is what I was looking for. Then the idea of developing a mobile app opened up a whole new path for me. Flutter was one of the most exciting tools I came across on this path. Nowadays, I had the opportunity to get acquainted with Unity and the field of game development.

At the end of 12 years, I said goodbye to banking. After my radical decisions, I am now a part-time software developer, full-time mom and I think I am having the most peaceful, fun and productive time of my life.

I plan to use my software knowledge — since I know the process intimately — to produce educational content on English for young children. After that, I want to design small games to make them love and teach English. I realized the first of these by writing a flashcard application. I am in the process of publishing it on GooglePlay. I am extra excited for this :)

Let’s come to medium. Here I plan to share with you frequently about my software learning process. Which mistakes I made, how I corrected them, what I learned; I want to share it all with you. You can also leave me your own experiences and suggestions. Because this is a learning and sharing space!

I hope you will enjoy my articles, learn something and maybe find the courage to take another step in your own software adventure.

Let’s step into the world of code together!

Love to you,

Selin.

Hiç yorum yok: